New Orleans Information
We are so glad that you chose Hotel Provincial as your place to relax while you're in New Orleans. Between our beautiful rooms, great pool, and perfect location, we think you'll enjoy your stay.
We have a very knowledgeable concierge who would be happy to help you plan your itinerary while visiting, but if you would like to get a head start, then we highly recommend taking a look at the following:
Things to do, day and night
There are a lot of things to do in The Big Easy, but we recommend making time for at least a couple of these:
- Stroll through the French Quarter and walk some laps around Jackson Square, only TWO blocks away, where artists and street performers are always in the streets. It's also home to the iconic St. Louis Cathedral.
- Get tickets to the Audubon Zoo or Aquarium of the Americas. Both are well worth the time, and are great activities if you're bringing the whole family along.
- Tour the National World War II Museum. The whole museum is great, but the 4D movie our favorite, hands down.
- Take the streetcar up St. Charles Ave through the Garden District to Uptown (it’s only a $1.25 each way!)—hop off and enjoy some amazing food and fun shopping. While you’re there, take some time to enjoy the beautiful old houses and gorgeous greenery.
More New Orleans attractions
When the sun goes down though, that's when New Orleans really comes alive. All throughout the city you can find great live music, especially jazz music, which was born here. There are also some great nightclubs and late night eats. Find some good recommendations on NewOrleansLateNight.com.
Where to eat
New Orleans has some of the best food in the world. Hotel Provincial s is lucky enough to be located near hundreds of great restaurants. Here are a couple within walking distance that we recommend:
- Angeline - Voted one of the top new restaurants in New Orleans for 2015. You don't have to walk far, located at the Hotel Provincial!!! Open for dinner Wednesday-Sunday and brunch Friday-Sunday Brunch.
- Antoine's - If you like Oyster Rockefeller, then you can create Antoine's for first creating them. This French-Creole cuisine is world famous, and it's a New Orleans staple.
- Gumbo Shop - Hands down one of the best places in the French Quarter to get gumbo. You'll love their po-boys, shrimp creole, and the beautiful atmosphere too.
NewOrleansRestaurants.com is the best resource for exploring the city's best restaurants. If you would like to stay within the French Quarter when dining, check out their guide by location.
One of the best things about visiting New Orleans is that whether it's Mardi Gras or the Creole Tomato Festival, there is always some kind of event taking place. This calendar of events will help you discover what's happening while you're in town, and all the details you need to know about it.
It's easy to keep kids entertained in New Orleans. If you're looking for some suggestions on how, check out these kid-friendly attractions, tours and free activities that area all family friendly.